R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS
Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 02:36 AM
UNSTABLE
Tech Adept

I really don't get the reason behind all discussion going on here.
So Losi is trying something different at a prototype level. Great!!! If they didn't do that we wouldn't have the awesome JRX-S we have today. If they are looking at developing a new / different car, why shouldn't they use the suspension and driveline components off the JRX-S.
Would you all prefer if they started with a clean slate (again) and come up with something completely different so you don't all feel ripped off that you bought, in my opinion, the best touring car you can buy, and now there might be something else that shares a few components available?
I would imagine this is a far more cost effective way to go about developing a new machine. After all Losi is a business and development costs have to be payed for by someone.
The Japanese manufacturers will quite happily anodize a couple of parts a different colour and put a different top deck on a car call it a new model and charge you a fortune for the pleasure of owning it, so I don't think we have it too bad.
I couldn't be happier. The JRX-S is by far the best car I have raced yet, and IF they do release a new car, I may purchase one on the strength of the current design alone.
Not an aggro rant , just a few of my thoughts.