R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RDLogics Mongoose
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 10:13 PM
gtrmx
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
hmm the clutch shoes are the same, and the g4 and ntc3 use the same centax clutch

I know this is an old post. I have joined the forum the week after the RD Logics race in Rev and have not had all the time to read all 57 pages on this topic. I am not sure if there was an answer for this question before but let me give it a try...

I am currently using the NTC3 clutch flyweights and clutch shoe in my Mongoose. Bear in mind, though, that the NTC3 and G4 (old kit) used a thicker clutch shoe but thinner flyweights as compared to the current RD Logics Mongoose.

As long as you match flyweights and clutch shoes you should be fine. You cannot use the RD Logics Mongoose flyweights with the NTC3/G4 clutch shoe and viceversa because the overall thickness of the "sandwich of parts" will not be the intended one.

After lots of trouble and help from Wad, I used the NTC3 flyweights (BTW they do not have brass inserts), the NTC3 clutch shoe, red spring with about 1mm tension (I think the red spring was a little soft after all but it finally worked at the B main on Sunday) and the whole set worked fine!! I am just not such a good driver.

Just consider that the weight distribution when the clutch pushes is different due to the different flyweight thicknesses and that could mean you have to use a different spring if using the RD Logics Mongoose kit parts.

BTW I'd like to publicly thank WAD for all his great help during my first incursion into a race out of my home country Mexico!!