R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why saddle and not stick?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Someone mentioned before, grind away. If you can't get a chassis for that car that's made to fit the larger cells like you can for most cars out there, you'll need to make some modifications yourself to make them fit.
Exactly, that's what I had to do when I bought my FT TC4, before I started building it. I had to use my Dremel rotory tool to grind away enough chassis material in the right places so that the battery slots would accept both GP3700 & GP3300 cells(they are spaced right on the FT TC4 for the 3700's, but not for 3300's, so I had to work on that to get all to fit properly & of course to make sure the chassis won't ever cut into the cells' shrink wrap in a crash, smoothed everything out properly). I know that if you don't already have something like a Dremel it might seem a bit expensive just to use with your R/C stuff(I've seen prices for them anywhere from $35 to $120 depending on how powerful it is & how many features & bits come with it) but I guarantee it's a tool you'll never regret buying, they have uses for EVERYTHING, it's something every man should have in his toolbox....