R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Wirre
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
I am new to racing R/C tourers an have just bought a new MI2 to race modified and i am suffering with understeer issues I race on a low grip outdoor asphalt track on foams with a peak vantage 10/1 the car is in stock trim with the stock setup and i have just about tried everything.

hope some one can help thanks.
I'm not really your man here since I've never tried racing with foam tires, but the car should give the same kind of response to setup changes.

The most simple thing is to use the middle hole in the steering-thingys that are connected by the centre track rod. Also lengthen the track rod to 40,8mm should improve the car a lot. If this change isn't enough, try slightly thinner oil in your front shocks, some more rear ride height and move your rear wishbones further back.

I've used the car in some really slippery conditions and have only had oversteer issues, so I'm very much surprised by this. I ran my first outdoor season with only no option parts other than a one way and it performed great, so you should be ok without changing too much.

Someone with out door foam tire racing should have a few more tips but this could be a start at least.