R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS
Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 08:04 AM
R/C Anonymous
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
biz, on a green track try removing some of the steering by removing the added front roll center shims in numans set up. Try running the stock roll centers and you can also run with no sway bars(if you are) and a longer rear camber link. Camber and rear toe will have some effect as well.
There are also other things, like tire preperation, less front sauce, etc. Since these changes will slow the steering, of course you'll need to brake earlier to keep the car in the line. Sometimes a slower car will be more consistent, especially when it comes to donuts, haha.

R/C A, I haven't tried removing my tires and laying my car on glass yet, I usualy just set the mechanical tweak with the tires touching glass and the car suspended, then adjust the suspension or weight tweak on a set up system.

What is the car laying on glass test for?.................Jim
Jim, i think the upper deck pieces are pulling my bottom chassis into a banana shape...one of the other guys at the track just drilled the locating and screw holes a touch bigger and it cured his chassis problem but now he has to check his car after he gets off the track everytime pretty much

i set my ride height and droop(ride height + droop setting) and shock lengths are the same...then i used my Hudy system to measure droop that way as well and it was off 2-3 millimeters(didnt make sense) ...i did the 12th scale trick and lifted the center of the chassis both front and rear and one side come off the glass way before the other...used a Niftech tweak station and the tweak was way out of whack....i then layed it on the glass and the bottom chassis "rocked" like a rocking chair....i took off the top plates and everything went to where it should(tweak was good then)...

is there a bad batch of upper plates that got sent out where the locator pin and screw holes are about a millimeter off?

just trying to get answers...i dont know if i should drill those holes a bit bigger or what