R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS
Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 03:19 AM
UNSTABLE
Tech Adept

First problem is with the roll height on the front. The set up sheet says 2 x .050" shims under the pivot mounts. The locating pins don't seem to extend far enough to engage the chassis with this high a shim. Also, it looks really funny. Is it correct that I really need to run 2 of the thick shims under all the piviot mounts?
Yup. The locating pin can be screwed through quite far, the threads will protrude but shouldn't be an issue. You will need some longer screws to go through from the bottom though. I run a setup that only uses 1 x 0.050" spacer so that's an option too.

Second problem is with the front shocks. I started with the front diff set up high and the 41T front pulley gear. I also put the mounting screws for the front shocks in hole 1 on the shock tower. I don't have BK brackets yet, so I just tried to mount the bottom of the shock to the suspension arm. In this configuration, the shock springs pressed against the outdrives quite hard
You would be best to make / get some brackets before you run the shock on the inner hole, they space the bottom out a little and then you can space the top out about 1/8" and the shocks won't rub.

Now a question. Is it possible to adjust the diff tightness without removing the longer outdrive? If so, how?
Yes, the diffs are very easy to adjust in the car, slide a flat blade screwdriver into the diff adjusting screw sideways (through the open slots in the diff cam and the long outdrive ) to lock that side then turn the wheel on the other side of the pulley. Sounds complex but it's easy when you figure it out.

A bit of fiddling around to get everything perfect, but for me that's half the challenge, in any motorsport.