R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RDLogics Championship 2005 @ Revelation Raceway
Old 09-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Scott Fisher
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROARprez
In my opinion talking directly to a track host is a better approach than public harrasment or bashing. Every time anyone holds a big race they get slammed on the boards. It's amazing anyone is willing to run races.

Regarding why 1:8 seems down lately. I feel there are a lot of big races and you have to pick and choose where and when you run it's just a bit diluted. At the 1:8 regionals at the RAMS club we had 8 heats of 1:8 cars....

As far as scheduling. Both Dana and James are business owners they make the schedule to what they feel is best for thier facilities. They both have phones they can converse anytime.

Rick

I agree that talking to the owner face to face is the best way as well, but I too have talked to him both times I went to his track. I find Dana to be a very nice guy, with a program that is run decently. The reason I say decently, is that it is not bad and not great. I guess the work good would describe it as well. I always appreciate the food and ample pit space. All of my complaints as well as the ones that all the other complainers seem to have is the way the track is treated/sprayed. I have been there when there are 20 people practicing on friday for Sat quals and then after closing on Friday out comes the VHT. I have heard about several other instances similar to that. I find that absurd.

Yeah, the tire wear is very low, but when you have to run the hardest shore tire, trued down to 56mm to keep a car from traction rolling, tell me how this is good? The tire is worn down to nothing before you even hit the track. What is better: A car that is a little loose and may spin out every once in a while, or a car going 50mph that traction rolls and skids 60ft on its lid before slamming into a wall, fence etc and destroying itself on impact? I can't say I will never go to Revelation again (been there twice) but I won't go often, that is for sure.

On the parts issue. Of course, even the best stocked place may not have the part you want. Have you looked at his inventory. I have a much higher parts fill rate with Rich Taylor and his little trailer. I watched a person pack up and go home, because there was no rear bulkhead available for an MTX3. This part sometimes breaks if you traction roll, which is very common on this track.