R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4/T4 Forum
Thread: RC10B4/T4 Forum
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 05:00 AM
nsr250repsol
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
jbrow - There are two different GP3300 cells. One was wider and was a tight fit..in everything. The new cell is shorter and fits into everything better.
I haven't had much trouble fitting either of the 2 different GP cells in my B4 or T4 chassis. You just have to be very meticulas in building your batteries. I use a deans jig to build all of my packs. I first ruff up the areas that I'm going to apply solder to. The I start putting the bateries in the jig. I glue each cell to the next at this time. Before I put the second cell in the Jig I apply a bead of shoo-goo on the cell and the I place that cell in the Jig next to the previously placed cell. Repeat this till all 6 cells are in the Jig. Then push all the Cells tightly against one end. This will ensure all the ends of your cells will be even to eachother. The walk away and let the glue dry. Once the glue is dry I tin all the cells and again. I then go to the first tinned cells and start soldering the bars to connect the cells. Yokom makes some battery bars that have a 90 deg bend in them already. These make it very easy to solder leads to the battery and they look nicer then a standard battery bar that has been bent. Oh yeah, don't forget to give your soldering iron time to bring it's self back to a usable temp before going to the next piot to be soldered. This will help avoid overheating your cells. I hope this helps in fitting your new batteris in your B4/T4.
Josh