R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 05:17 PM
tfrahm
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default XXX-S on slick parking lot...?

OK -- First, I've been running a XXX-S for a few years, but it was always just Stock class... This summer we're running Mod also, so I now have two Graphite XXX-S's and the Stock class car is "Killer" -- This weekend, I TQ'd by a lap and won the A-main by a lap.... The Mod class car is just "off"... It's almost like everything I learned over the years about setup works backwards with the higher speeds of Mod...

The track is a concrete parking lot at Home Depot in Columbia, Missouri... Smooth, but pretty slick, and it gets dusty/dirty and even when the club uses a high powered blower to clear the track, it is slick... But it's the same track for both classes so what the...

The problem is at the back... The Mod car is simply not able to drift through corners -- if the back slides at ALL, it spins out... In stock, I can actually hit the gas and the front end pulls the car back straight -- in Mod, nothing works... Anti-squat, pro-squat, front sway bar, it just stays unstable and unbalanced (High speed push in the sweeper, LOOSE in the tight bits, and LOOSE under power)....

Just to complicate matters, LOSI seems to suddenly have a quality control issue with shock springs... I bought some "fresh" springs for the rear, thinking mine might be fatigued or whatever... Well -- 1.15" Silver, 1.15" Red, and 1.15" Pink (Silver is my standard, but I thought I might try softer?).. All three are 1" NOT 1.15" -- OK that's just preload changes... Then I noticed they didn't "feel" right... I have a home built rig to check springs... guess what -- the Silver and Pink are the SAME stiffness, and the Reds are stiffer than those two... What the....?

Somebody help me....