R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas
Old 09-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Todd Hodge
TLRacing

Default IIC Race Report by Todd Hodge

Wow....great race. Scotty Ernst and crew stepped it up to the next level on putting on a great race. LIVE internet coverage which more races need to have. Scotty was announcing how many people were online during the event. Every time I heard him it was over 200. Great announcing by Scotty, Charlie and Jamie....great job to all of you. The tech crew did a fantastic job even though they were wishing they would of raced....LOL. I am sure next year Scotty will have a problem finding some tech people.

The printed schedule was perfect. You could know exactly when you were up and you could schedule your battery charging to the T.

Buffets-We had two buffets that were included with the entry. Those were the two best meals I had all weekend. Unbelievable.

Track-Perfect...they glued the carpet down and there was never any problems with the track. The traction was low for the first roundi of practice however it came up quick after the foam tire cars ran. Maybe next year in practice we should run foam cars first then rubber....just an idea.

Drivers Stand-Perfect, and the huge sponsor banner behind it....AWESOME. Great job McMoney!

Racing-Dialed(which is better than perfect)-Great racing in all the classes. This has to be one of the hardest races in the world to compete at and it will only get harder since more oversea drivers will now make the trip.

RC Scoring Pro-Perfect, it is so nice to look at race control and see what the lap times are of the racers on the track, race #, and time left in that race.

Tire Sauce-I loved it. No smell of Paragon. I wish we could do away with Paragon and only use sauces like Jack the Gripper. Plus I feel normal the day after the race. I really think Paragon does something to you when you breath it too long.

Pit Area-Dialed, it was great to have such a big area to be able to have pits and the track in the same room.

I really can not think of one thing that was bad about the race....it was DIALED. I can only imagine what Scotty and his crew have up their sleeve for next years venue.