R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RDLogics Championship 2005 @ Revelation Raceway
Old 09-26-2005, 09:31 AM
jeffreylin
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=BoCal]
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
No Robbie I just want to show both sides. As I said, there are room for improvement but it's not all bad either.

I guess it would be difficult to understand the frustration we have if you didn't get to drive on the track back in 2003 when Dana painted the track. 40/40 in the morning, 37 for more bite, 40/40 in the middle of the day, 40/40 in the afternoon, and maybe 42 if it got a little chilly. You could actually ask someine to help you set up your car. Nowaday, you got drivers running 45/45, 45/42, 45/40, 42/42, 42/42 with groove, 42/45 with 2 grooves, 45one brand/45another brand IN THE SAME ROUND. You'll just get messed up if you tried to ask for help. Back in 2003, you could go there and know that your set up WILL work 95% of the time. It was 100% of the time for me, because I never ever changed my set up. And when you went on a weekday to PLAY, you didn't change the set up or tires. It's not asking for some more. Just how it was.
I guess all things relative. When compared to other track I feel Revelation to be pretty good, but when comparing Revelation today and Revelation 2003 people feel it's going downhill.

If enough people talk to Dana about it perhaps he will try and do something. But paving costs tens of thousands and it's not easy to come up with that money. What I dread to see is another track closing down. I started RC back in 1987 racing at Hobby Bench in Glendora. That track closed and that was the end of RC for me until a couple of years ago. Recently the track I go to in Taipei just closed down as well and I don't know if I will be racing there much anymore. Perhaps the traction sucks but no track at all sucks more.

By the way, Leo congrats for the 2nd place win. Good race!