Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 08:36 AM
josh69162
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamescam
Stupid question...

I am new to the Pro 4 world and am rebuilding a car I got used. Anywho, on Hara's ROAR Nats set up sheet it shows F 2.0mm & R2.0 mm for Front & F 3.0mm & R 2.0mm for Rear. Is this referring the the pivot block spacers? And if so what do the 2 different numbers represent? At first I thought one was front & one was rear but as there were two sets of numbers I was confused. I have part 75144 NIB so I have the set of spacers I am just confused as to which ones to use. Your help is appreciated.
Yea, that is just talking about the spacers. Use the small silver ones. The big purple ones are for higher roll centers. The rear just has a little anti-squat, that's all. Your manual can explain anti squat better than I can, so look there.

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
A question for all the pro4 experts--

Thinking of buying a pro4, I'm seeing one NIB on Ebay for $199. Should I assume this to be a good price or maybe look around some more? I have little knowledge of the car but I'm interested as its half the price of an RDX as listed on the auction, and I want something new. Any input is apreciated. Is the pro4 easy to drive fast out of the box or is it on the 'twitchy' side? I want something that is forgiving (unlike the xray i have that is always sorta difficult to drive regardless of set-up).i will be running asphalt,probably never carpet.What breaks the most (so I know what spares to grab)? I looked at the hpi website but found no imfo on set-ups, not good since I dont know anyone locally that runs the car. If anyone has link(s) to track tests of the car lmk. Thanks for any/all help, maybe I'll get this car, based on looks it seems top-notch...
It think that's a great price! The car can be forgiving, but it's not the most forgiving. I wouldn't say it's twitchy, but it does react fast to inputs.