R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEED HELP! engine wont turn after reaching top dead center even without glow plugs!!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:27 AM
dino.tw
Nitro Tech

Originally Posted by tiger266
Hi I managed to start it by placing the hairdyer longer on the engine haha HOW DUMB OF me. anyway another problem. It started up fine, however when I started doing several short blips to heat the engine up to optimum temperature, the engine started reving up to full rpm with the throttle at idle. The engine would go back to idle from the blips about one second after I release the throttle. I am currently using a OS P6 hot plug as it is less than 10c at night here and 16% Nitro.

However after abt the 3rd or 4th blip, THE JUST STARTED GOING FULL RPM even though the carb is at its idle position.

I think it is normal for the engine to rev down after abt 1sec after letting the throttle to idle position

HOWEVER I need help on the part where the engine just went all out. What should i do with the needle settings? Thanks alot

Tiger
LSN too lean. Rich the LSN. All STS engine has this characteristic that you can't lean the low speed needle too much. Try to keep it around 4 turns out from the end or more.
Wanna more low end response? 1)adjust the clutch 2)longer pipe 3)gearing