R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1FK05
Thread: Xray T1FK05
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 06:57 AM
teamgp
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Hi,

I'm just looking to see if anyone has some experience in setting the 05 up with more turning speed. It says on the Xray site that the optional rear toe in hubs helps gain more rearend turning speed. Anyone tried this yet?

Also, I am currently running stock with a oneway. I would like to know what do I need to do to set my car up for 19T or brushless mod.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
The aluminum rear hubs with built-in "out-board" toe in make the rear end more consistent through the corner, which allows you to stiffen the rear suspension setup slightly. This combination will allow the rear to predictably rotate better for faster corner speeds. I was able to raise the rear ride height, decrease the rear toe-in and use harder compound rear tires after switching to the new rear hubs.

Making sure your rear diff is built correctly and loose (without slipping) will increase your corner speed as well.

You might want to search the XRAY forum setup sheet section for ideas on setup. Select the FK05 from the "Search by model" drop down list and then select the appropriate "Track" and "Tire" filters that show up at the bottom.