R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The "official" what car to get? thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 02:10 AM
cyrrus
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all the cars meantioned above are great. I run a Schumacher MI2. I run it cause I wanted something different. even though my local shop doesnt' have parts for them on hand. But they can get them in 1 or 2 days. That I can live with.

X-ray either the 04/05 are great cars. an 04 is the top car at my club in point Manly cause the driver is so freaking good. I seem to belong to an x-ray club. ( about 75% of poeple run them) I drove an o4 didn't like it felt to loose for me.

I would mentioned the tc3 and tc4 but your looking for a belt car. But for people that are curious. I would recommend both the tc4 is the newer car and a good cost factor against the x-rays.(cheaper to buy). If you starting out there are a bunch of tc3 out there with tons of spares. Most of these guys' that are selling are either leaving the hobby or decided they wanted to move on to something different(like a belt in stead of shaft) And you can get a used tc3 for a good price. Plus another good point about both the tc3/4 that you can get it in a rtr kit, and at a good price.
Tamiya kit a strong too. NOt to familar with them.
Seen a few Integy cars. Pretty fast once dialed but here part are hard to get.
All I can say is pick a car that you think will work and stick with it. As it will take some time to get the car dailed for your driving style.

Another thing you will notice in mag. that this racer won the world with this car. or won with this car. you have to remember these racer a dam good, If he won with brand x give him a couple of day with brand y and could of won with that car instead. In another words it's alot with driving the car and having it set up the way you need.
I never seen an pro 4 or a rdx. seen a losi jrx-s but not to familar with it so can't comment on them
Oh well my 0.02 worth.