R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 03 Western Canadian Off Road Championships
Old 10-05-2002, 05:58 PM
INFERN0
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow I have been out of the loop for a bit here.Hmmm where to start.
Well on the rules as basics I feel that gas cars should have a spring on the carb but it should only need to be strong enough to close the carb in the case of a servo arm or linkage coming disconnected.Springs that are too tight can make servo's work much harder than need be and could itself cause a failure.Fail safe units should be encouraged but if there is not one present then a spring should be present on the servo arm that should close the throttle in addition to the carb spring.The servo return spring does not need to be fast but should have the abillity to close the throttle while the engine is running.
The final race should be the same cost as the rest of the races as the additional cost of the trophys would be covered by the clubs and not entry fees.
The points idea is good but would 60% and 40% for year end work as well?This would put too much emphasis on the final at 50/50.Even tho people would come to it any ways it would make for interesting mains
I still believe mains in gas should all be by laps based on 120% of the best lap on track to determine the laps for time given.
Example;A main at Kelowna with best lap set at 30 seconds based on 120% rule it would mean the laps would be 36 seconds at 120% making a fourty five minuit main 75 laps or fourty five minuits long maximum.If it finishes in 35 minuits then the time saved helps others to get ready for whatever with the time saved but the race is done at 45 minuits and no longer if all laps are not completed.Winner determined by position at 45 minuit mark when crossing the line for final time.
IFMAR qualifying is great and works well for us.
Kelowna is the perfect venue for the first "Big one" and we look forward to going to Albertas big one when it arrives.
7.5Man
If you have some pics of any trophy ideas for the big one please post em for us to give input,these will be lasting events we hope and the trophys should be timeless.I am sure you will do a great job picking out some ideas for this and we would all be glad to help decide on the "big ones" for all to enjoy.