R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RDLogics Championship 2005 @ Revelation Raceway
Old 09-22-2005, 12:52 PM
ROBBIE C
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Having raced in different tracks in different countries, I have a few observation:

1. $15 for racing with hot dogs included is incredibly inexpensive. It costs more in Taiwan where everything is cheaper without the hot dogs.

2. While traction could be hard to figure out, it is great on the tire wear. I used the same set of tires for 2 weekend races in a row and only wore 2-3 mm. The three tracks I've been to in Taiwan are not VHT prepared (they've never heard of the thing) and you need to run 35 or 37. You typically use a set of tires to practice before race, 1-2 sets for qualifiers, and another set for the main. Tire wears between 0.7-1.5mm every 5 minutes. You have to start with 62mm rear for a 40 minute main or you'll have to change tire half way during the race. It gets very expensive.

3. Race programs are organized. In Taiwan we don't even get turn marshalls.

I suppose there's always two way to look at things. I am not saying there are no room for improvement, but at the same time it's not so bad either.
So what are you saying we should just shut up because the racing program and tracks in Taiwan suck more than ours