R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What Direction Does On-Road Need To Go
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 02:44 PM
axle182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You know, the TT01 class, when first brought up back home (Aust) was laughed at, as members who already had there nice Associated etc chassis thought no one would get into TT01 spec class. Well 6 mnths down the track, and the TT01 is the strongest class alongside stock, and majority of the TT01 drivers are the guys laughing the class of in the first place (along with a string of new members). when you realise a TT01 spec setup would cost you a little more than a decent matched pack.... its a great fun class to race. I think a brand new tub chassis cost anyone $12 retail to replace... simply cant ask for a cheaper class

I think the only problem we would have with it here, is the LHS stock of Tamiya.... doesnt seem to be any... If we can get them on board, that would double the chances of the series being a success. I already have every car for almost every class, yet id still go get a TT01. Tight control classes are where its at.. door to door action.

Also, have certain members introduced at every drivers meeting, these can be the 'go see' guys who can help with setup and advice to all newbies (or not so newbies) at the start of every meeting is a good idea. IMHO, working out new big plans for more big races around Alberta isnt the way to increase the popularity of the sport, concentrating on your own club and doing anything to raise member numbers, that is the way to go, and you dont need to worry about the big races, they will come as a result of more and more in the sport.

Numbers at club level are more important than interclub level. Just my 2.5c