R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC Race Camp - Someone plz make this happen!
Old 09-18-2005, 07:49 PM
jamescam
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm sure the club type events previously mentioned are great but they are not the type of event that would entice someone to fly in to town for. I am talking about the type of event that could be broadly advertised and draw rc racers people from around the US. An event of this type of caliber would need big RC racing names and an agenda that would make people want to dig into their pockets for airfare and lodging along with the cost of the event.

These type of camps are available for everything from poker to actual car racing and I think it could easily be adopted for RC racing. In fact there would even be opportunity for companies to sponsor certain seminars. Such as...

Optimizing your Controller Settings sponsored by Airtronics
How to Get Punch out of your Packs sponsored by Fusion Batteries
Mod Motor Management by Team Brood Motors

You get the idea. Of course the agenda would be broad in terms of topics but a solid agenda teamed with daily competition mixed in with advice from the Pros would have consumers digging into their pockets!

PS. If you still have doubt think about how much you would pay for a weeks worth of instruction from Atsushi Hara.