R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper 7 starts but dies as soon as throttle taken up!?
Old 09-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Saxo Boy
Tech Rookie

Default Hyper 7 starts but dies as soon as throttle taken up!?

I've just got a hyper 7 and have ran it through two tanks of fuel on idle and low revs. I went out this morning with the intention of giving it a first 'easy' run but it kept cutting out as soon as I took the glowstarter off. I assumed the mixture was too rich and fouling the plug so leaned the main high speed adjuster AND the low speed a little. I could finally get her to run of her own accord but for love nor money I could not get the car to rev. As soon as you tried to apply some throttle it would cut out. I fiddled with all the settings leaning her some more and that didn't work. I figured I'd gone too far and richened it up a little and still the same problem and a lot of oil out of the exhaust after I shut her down so I leaned her right up again to no affect. I then put the car back to the factory settings, which it used for first 2 tanks, and still no joy?!

I'm assuming the car needs a setting different from the factory run in settings now that its been through two tanks, but what? Why is she cutting out on throttle? To rich/lean?