R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How old are you guys ?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 10:20 AM
YR4Dude
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'm 41, been on and off the hobby for 20years. This is a hard habit to quit. Just too much fun. Started with a Tamiya Boomerang. I prefer mostly onroad. Raced regularly at the Ranch back in the day when they had a world class onroad track. Raced at the first two RC Thunderdromes. Got burned out on the battery wars and all the equipement to make 1200's fly.

Came back when Tamiya came out with sedans and F1s. Got married and took a break. Started racing at So Cal after they moved to HB then moved to a new house and took a break again. Came back again and also ran some nitro at CP then took a break again to have my second child. Now I am back at So Cal with permission to go weekly on Tues. plus (1) Sat. per month.

I don't know what to do with the nitro cars that I have. I stocked up on them thinking I would go nitro after the break. However, I can't take the heat from being outdoors under sun all day (I guess thats from getting old) and its just too easy to just bring a car and box to just plop yourself at the table at So Cal.

I found some good deals on Kyosho TF4Rs on EBay a while back and KX-Ones to the point where I am stocked on both of them plus whatever parts I got from Tower before they dumped Kyosho. I've got (3)fully loaded TF4Rs and (5) KX-Ones (2 running , 1 roller, 2 in parts). But anyhow everyone said that the hot ticket is the FK05. Anyways, long story short, I shopped and now I have (2) FK05s as well, plus a Yok SD just in case.

Like everyone else here, ya I have a lot of cars, ya my wife thinks I'm crazy but deals with me anyways (just like I deal with her neverending bag and shoe collection). Its just that the my biggest frustration is TIME. Thers is just not enough time to dedicate yourself to playing with all the cars the right way by spending time setting it up and practicing with it and so on. I have also thought about selling the cars and I have sold a few but some of them are just too old to sell and not worthwhile for time and effort into them and the money it would yield.

Oh and yes, I do have other items I collect to someday restore and display in my very own private RC museum. I specialize in rare Japanese 1/12 cars from the '80s especially if they have 4wd or unique suspension other than just a T-plate.

Anyways, I am hooked for life.

Hey rumor has it the nitro onroad is dying out. Yes or No?