R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Novak Brusless System
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 05:53 AM
vadn1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rctoyguy
It looks like there might be quite a few ss5800 systems showing up for sale pretty soon - which might suit me just fine. I run stock touring car on VHT prepared asphalt, but I will have to move to 19t if I go brushless. I am trying to decide if the 5800 would be strong enough to run with 19t guys. Our current track rules don't allow ANY brushless, but I hope that might change.. Since I am waiting to find out about the rules change for next year, I have a little time to check this all out - just not the money to buy two systems because I chose the wrong one the first time.

I do have a couple of questions that I don't think I have seen covered in this thread.

Is there a heat issue with brushless motors? I have had a terrible time overheating motors in stock, even when running identical gearing to other cars on track with me - I'm assuming it's my driving style...

Has anyone mounted either of these systems on an XRay T1FK05? I have a spectrum RX and a GT7, and I had to put the RX on top of the servo with just these components.

What maintenance DOES need to be done to brushless systems? They can't be completely maintenance free, can they?

Thanks guys - I am really looking forward to changing to brushless if it is everything that I think it is...
RCtoyguy...

you should read up on Nebraska racers Forum they talk about the difference btwn the 4300 and 5800 and compare it to 19T motors.

R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska Racing >Brushless 4300 class?