R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - To all hobby shop :
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 06:55 PM
kerry
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i am a firm believer in supporting the local hobby shop, and yes even i am in business to make money. the problem i see with exclusive rights to a product is it only drives the price up, let me give you an example: i placed an order for the complete pinion set that hudy makes from my lhs i use the internet to see what the cheapest price is for that unit. i go to my lhs and ask him how much that part is, i have a good relationship with my LHS (mainly because i help pay his morgage) he tells me the part is $190 CND i was shocked i could get the part landed at my door for $120 cnd. and that is buying from an american distributor. i let him know that his price is out of line and i let him know what i could get it for. he then tells me his cost is $100. $90 profit that to me is ripping a person off, but i do believe in supporting the local scene so i tell him i will pay $140. the point of the story is sometimes a little competition favors us all and keeps us on the ground. as for grey market its hard to control, this guy is trying to earn a living and if he can discount products and still do that then that is his choice, after all it seems like 90% of products made today come from asia. and that is our own fault. give the guy his thread if you dont like it make the case to the moderator and see if it can be removed

all the best