R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RDLogics Mongoose
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 06:05 PM
YBSLOW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_alan
YBSLOW... I've tried the 18/24 & 51/25 at CP... While that gearing will set your car up to be very quick, it's not a fast gearing for CP... Leo turned a 15.4 using the gearing I posted above... 19/52 & 25/46 at CP... I'm going to try and run 19/50 for the first gear and see if that makes a difference... Maybe the distance in tooth count is causing this problem... TM & RD really should look into this problem and the material used in making the S-Class gears... These are .08 gearing... You shouldn't have to limit your options in your gearing... They should work reguardless.... I do understand that you don't want a large a gap between gears... Everything else you've said I've tried... This problem first started when I was running outlaw and was using the OS TZ-18... I know... but the class was outlaw.. lol I said ok, maybe to much motor for the gears to handle... Then it started again when I switch to my old RB v12 and then my current TZ12... I'm not the only one running those gears with the problem... Peeps ask me what gives... I just tell them I'll look into for them and let them know when I have an answer...

RC_Alan

Wow I would like to see the 15.4 lap times Leo posted? With a transponder on the old layout? Doubt it. I know Darin ran like one 15.9 on the old layout at the last race.
I agree with you about the material of the gears, that is what I said in the first post. Trust me you are running the wrong gear ratio or your motor is a turd, that would be my guess. I would put any of my roar legal .12's against your .18 tz any day of the week. Ask anyone whoraces with me including Leo.
I know you have been racing long enough now.............Hopefully you will actually run expert at the RD race instead of one of Dana'a made up classes he runs for Trophy hunters.
If you cannot tell you pissed me off telling me 16.2's were slow and the wrong gear to run, you better go look at real lap times posted from the WCNC at CP which was the last race run on the old layout at CP and you will find 16.2's easily in the top 4 or 5 posted.
We need more bad advice from novice drivers who think they are experts.
I'm done trying to help.