R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RDLogics Mongoose
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 07:43 AM
rc_alan
Tech Fanatic

David from RD-Logics asked me the same question and I told him I believe it's the material that the S-class gears are made of... They're to soft period. My clutch and spur gears are brand new... And Daniz24, you have a point, when I run the 24t clutch gear, I don't have a problem... When I run 25/47 for my 2nd gear my gears didn't strip either, but my speed tops out way to soon... When I switched to 25/46 and 25/45, the speed increase was perfect... but the distance in tooth count and the speed increase was I guess to much for the gears to handle. My shift point is right on the money and my gear mesh was perfect everytime I changed the gears.... It's set to shift early to carry my top speed longer and take the stress off the S-Class 2nd gear during shifting... I'm not here slamming the car or flaming it... I like everyone else supports RD-logics and the car.... We're just looking for answers and this one, I can't figure out... It must be the material of the gears that can't take the stress... Any Team or Factory driver's have any answers???

RC_Alan

Originally Posted by daniz24
I don't know but this could be the cause. My friend also has gear problem on last race just after he change from 19/24 to 19/25. Later he switch back to 19/24 and voila no more gear stripping again.

Maybe the big differences from 1st gear to second gear cause this. I always stay not too far away from my 1st and 2nd gear ratio. Maximum is 5 teeth difference.

Too old or too sharp pinion can also cause the problem just as those Kyosho guys called their as "2-racedays-only-pinion-gear" LOL Let us know if your problem solved