R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Surge Worldwide
Thread: Surge Worldwide
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Mike Haynes
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For anyone who doubts the no peak charging, i still use a normal charge.

I have a few different types of charger, and will say the setup for any of them, they require no watching or special care, and i usually end up re peaking because i am very bad with timing and always worry about the pack being done in time.

For modiffieid i charge at 5 amps, and for 19 or stock anywhere between 6 and 8 amps depending on the competition at the track. A 10 amp charge seems to give the most overall power in stock or 19, and you wont dump, but it is hard on the cells. I would recomend a 6 amp charge for just about everything., and 8 at most for club level.

Turbo GFX, i use a .02 mv cutoff on hot days, and .03 on cool days, the packs come off about 130ish. If the pack is dead shorted, turn on the extra long lockout (10 min).

APS DynoCharge, 30mv on the menu is my favorite, once again it usually peaks about 130ish. I have had the least false peaks with this when chargeing a shorted pack, i always use the long lock once again. I think the reason it false's less is the current is brought up a little slower then on the turbo.

Pulsar, yea i still have 1 as a backup just in case, i use 10mv peak because it always seems to want to make the pack get hotter then my other chargers.

I will be experimenting with step charging as soon as i get my dynochargers back, i sent them in for the S3 upgrade.

Hope that helps

Bill- Glad to hear your getting those motors good, but ya still gotta make them crank like mine.