R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Getting feet wet in RC world
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 04:33 AM
Speeds Gonzo
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

You can go to your local hobby shop and ask them about RTR (ready-to-run) kits, which come 80-90% complete.On top of the kit you might need to purchase batteries, charger, and mabe a couple of motors. I'm sure your LHS can point you in the right direction. In my personal opinion the "Team Assosiated TC4 RTR" is a great base starting car. It is one of the top competitive cars out there, very upgradeable whenever you're ready, because you'll see someone who has a faster car than yours and you will want to make yours as fast. It all comes with time.That's the electric route. On the other hand you can go with a gas car, a lot more appealing to the newcomers. But I personally don't suggest it simply because it takes 2 cycle motor tunning knowledge that a lot of beginers don't realize. Like I said it is more appealing due to the fact that "the car runs on gas" and you need a lot less. No batteries to sit n wait while they charge, no fade in power when the battery loses power. It's just put gas and go, same amount of power whether the tank is full or has just a drop of gas in it. Well there's A LOT more to it then just that. Yes gas sounds more appealing but starting off I'd go with practicality. Either one you pick check with your LHS for RTR kits in both gas and electric and let them give you a suggestion. I hope this information is helpful to you. There are gonna be plenty more opinions posted so take them all into consideration. Good luck you will find what's right for you.