R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help me decide, or convince me... XRAY vs RDX
Old 09-11-2005, 02:31 PM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Naa, it comes with plastic ones. The aluminum ones are a $50 upgrade. They come with bearings that some people (including me) have had trouble with over time. They can be replaced with bushings or a couple of washers if you have trouble.

You can get an idea of prices on parts and Corally options for the RDX here. You can usually save a few bucks if you buy the parts from SpeedTech or Stormer instead. You can see some of the Specialized R/C stuff here.

Anyway, take this all with a grain of salt. It's mostly going to be opinion based on people's experience with only one (presumably the one they're running) of the two cars. You can't go wrong with either choice. It's just a matter of what's right for you.

Originally Posted by burgboyz
Xray has aluminum shock bodies as a $30 upgrade. Most people at my local track are still using the plastic shock bodies and have had no problems with them. I don't know much about the rdx but I believe that it comes with front aluminum axle carriers. So some of the guys at my local track who have an rdx have had to by bushings because thier bearings went to crap. Which I beleive are a $25 parts. So with either car you might want to buy those upgrades.
-Shaggy