R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Your take on 3 carbon fibre touring cars
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 10:39 AM
ChrisP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I find it amusing that the TC4 fans say DON'T base it one what race...but buythe TC4 because it won Reedy and is proven against belts....

the biggest problem that I had with my TC4's when I ran them was the absoultely wretched quality of the parts fit and finish.and the rate at which the parts would wear and get sloppy...even the graphite pieces...

You also need to take into consideration the surface you'll be running on...my understanding is that the Cyclone has been designed from the ground up to be an asphalt car...which is good if you race asphalt....but if you're a carpet racer it might cost you big $$ on top of the near $500 pricetag for the initial kit...

Based on your selections and not wanting to add another car to the mix...consider you can buy 2 FT TC4's for the price of 1 cyclone...

I'm partial to Xray based on handling, durability, adjustability and support....I could care less who won what race...but they're not on your list...so just buy whatever catches your eye...and run it..