R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th On Road Losing Popularity?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Carl Giordano
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman
Carl
I did notice something though everytime I post it seems to generate several pages of discussion. good bad or indifferent which is good.
So keep-em coming

I kind of knew what you meant with the master's class...all I wanted to hammer home was that a new class would not ruin 1/8th.

Brian:
The Mega engine was exactly the type of engine we had in mind for a spec class. A reliable, quality built and inexpensive engine...In the earlier pages of this thread, even Paulo supported the concept of a SPEC class.

This issue has been to establish a set of guidlines...for the most part we surveyed the interent and the average price for a reliable, quality type engine was less than $300....a lot of people felt that a price cap would be difficult to use as the basis for the spec class as someone can purchase a used modified engine for less than $300.

So we moved to a port limitation with a non-modified crank, as it would be easy to monitor....in addition, so not to add unnessary cost to the racers, turbo plugs are permitted

Basically, a number of engine that meet this criteria were off-road type engines.