R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Chassis Prep and Clearing
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 08:42 AM
Fred Perkins
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)
Default Chassis Prep and Clearing

PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT!!!!!

Ok, I have been getting alot of questions about how my chassis stay clean and scratchless so I will let everyone in.
It is a very easy process if you know what you are doing and does not add alot of weight to the car.
I have been clearing my chassis with a special automotive clear that bites into the graphite and does not let go.
I have had some requests to do this for a few people and the results have been flawless.
I can do any flat graphite or fiberglass peices that you would like done IE:Chassis, Battery Braces, Upper Decks, Shock towers, ect.
I can add pearls and flop colors to any of the peices.
The major benifit to this process is that it protects the the bottom of the chassis from scratches and if the clear scratches, the scratches can be removed or repaired!
The second benifit is the clear does not conduct. So, it acts like an insulator for the electronics.
The third benifit is that instead of glueing the edges to stop cracking the clear does it for you!
I have tried this on a few tub chassis but the results were not very good so I am only going to do flat peices.
I will also file battery slots and sand the edges of the chassis.
I am starting the pricing at $30 per chassis which includes:
Chassis and top deck
Shock towers are an extra $5 each.
I will garentee the clear not to come off for as long as YOU own the vehicle.
Granted you do not use and chemicals other than motor spray or simple green to clean your cleared parts.
If it does, which in 2 years of testing it hasen't, I will redo the process for free, including the shipping.
The process turn around time is aprox 1 week from the time I recieve the chassis.
The first 5 people to purchase this process will get there shock towers done for FREE and recieve FREE return shipping.
Older chassis can be done but, new chassis are prefered. The older chassis are harder to get clean and the clear does not look as smooth.

Again the prices are as follows:
Chassis and Upper deck $30
Shock towers $5 each
Return shipping to the US $5 flat rate priority mail.

Any Questions e-mail me at [email protected]
As soon as I can I will post some Pics but, the pictures don't due the clearing justice!