R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Longer mains. You thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 08:19 AM
GordonFreeman
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

LiPos have 3 times the power density of NimH, I know you are scared of it, but as andsetinn said, I suspect you must be in a contant state of "fight or flight" (just as the republicans want you to be). Be scared of everything and you won't have time to realize how bad this administration is. Ah.....better now.

And are you sure you're talking about LiPos (Lithium Polymer)? Not the older (few years ago) Lithium Ion, which were slightly more dangerous?

Another benefit of LiPo, is the stupid simply charging method, you can build you own charger for a few $s of parts. No more $400 Turbo 35s! No more dragging huge power supplies around with you.

Anyway.......there is no significant weight savings that I know of under the current racing rules. So I am simply throwing the rule book out and thinking outside the box. How can we make this cheaper and easier?

One of the main consumables on a 1/12 scale is tires. How can you make tires last longer? Half the weight of of a normal car. If this works, then a new 1/12 scale design can take advantage of the lighter power system and make an even lighter car.