R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Corally RDX Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Jeff Brown
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
If I didn't hit anything, the plastic blocks would suffice. :-) Apparently I'm not the only person that's had problems with these bearings, since SRC felt compelled to offer aftermarket bushings for longer life. Hopefully the next version of the aluminum knuckles are machined without the need for a bearing or a bushing. Heck, I'd even be happy to be able to replace the single bearing that broke, and deal with the craptacity of the remaining three.

Don't get me wrong, I love the RDX, and Corally USA has been nothing but wonderful. But I'm going to call a spade a spade. It sucks there are bearings there in the first place, since that undoubtedly drives up the price, and doesn't seem to offer much advantage. It sucks that all four bearings have managed to almost completely lock up (and one came out in pieces) in a matter of months. And is sucks that the bushings to replace the bearings, as counterintuitive as that sounds, are the most expensive bushings in modern history.

Anyway, sorry for the troll, it's just extremely frustrating.
I went back to the plastic knuckles after Snowbirds and only broken a couple since then. I know what you mean about the bearings and such. I just found it easier (cheaper) to carry around the plastic knuckles.

Between the Hard Foam Bumper and possibly a Kydex bumper as well you shouldn't really have any problems.

Jeff