R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 05:50 AM
ml
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
Mike L.

i checked out your site on the 12L4 set-ups. i was wondering what your or AE's thoughts are on battery placement? effects, etc.?

at the Worlds in Kisseme FL i noticed that most of the cars (12L4, Yok 2005 12L4 SP ed., and Xenon) in the A-main had cells configed in the 12l3/4 horizontal config.

to top that i see that Trinity is going to release a new 12th car with the cells in the 12L4 config (and with a AE front end to boot). this is surpizing since they have run the cells in the vert config for quite a few years.
I haven't driven a car with an inline battery chassis, so I don't have any comparison in how a car with that battery configuration might handle differently on the the track. The engineers at Team Associated have designed a car, in it's box stock form, that is competitive at the highest levels of racing. I don't know the design reasons for one battery config versus another, but in my opinion the differences are subtle and the 'traditional' design works well where it matters the most, on the track.