R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th On Road Losing Popularity?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 12:11 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Motorman
Something for you guys to knaw on. Screw the tech, forget the port number, and institute a claimer rule. Top 3 finishers are in the noose. Any one can claim the engine outright starting at the bottom finishing position and moving upward in the field for 200.00 to 220.00 End of story. Give 30 minutes to claim the motor and produce cash. The result will be that the best bang for the buck stocker motor will shake itself out for everyone. And the guy who wants to take his chances with a whiz bang engine, well so be it.

Anyone who refuses the claimer is out of the class for the season. Simple, and effective.

Thats the way its done in limited cost dirt track racing.
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
So. I understand your proposal...Anyone can run any engine they like...the risk is the top 3 finisher each have to make their engines available for someone to purchase for $225...so baisically, if someone does not want to lose an $800 engine for $200 bucks they better not race it...

I know for a fact not one person in the NY/NJ area would turn over an engine, no matter what type of engine, for $225...(unless of course its stolen)....not a bad ideal, but I think it would create some bad blood a the track....
This idea was allready mentioned by Pieter Bervoets a while ago....

It seems to bee a good idea, but indeed it will create some bad blood on the track.....