R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 10:18 PM
fireblade
Tech Regular

Originally posted by proudwinner
Is there any modifications you need to make to the mission before hitting the track? What parts do I need to stock up on for an asphalt track? Will there be any way to adjust my ride height with the stock shocks? Are the kit tires any similiar to Take Off's tires? If so, what compound? Anyone want to buy a XXX-S fully loaded?
OK your first question. What parts? Well some new stuff have came out, RW Pullies, Warpspeed chassis(3mm),threded shocks. Many parts are out now but I say first get used to the car before anything.Ride Height.- Yea you can, it wont be exact but it will be pretty close. Just use a combo. of different spacer until you get your ride height. Tires- OK if you look at the stock shumacher tires,notice the embedded groove in the middle of the tire and that the edge of the tire is rounded off. In London, in each main and or 1 heat there is a guarenteed chance of rain. So the stock tires are "rain slicks" so on american hot,dry asphalt the tires are not that good. I use cs-27 or sorex 36, I like the sorex better because with the cs's they slipped a lil bit but the 36r's stuck like CA glue was on my tires But it all depends on track temp and type of asphalt. If you need any more questions, feel free to shoot.