R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New 1/8 on-road "XR8"
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Roger
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Wow, thanks for all the support guys. The reason why PRP developed an RTR 1/8th scale on-road car was to keep cost down for the consumer and introduce them to the 1/8th scale on-road world. Alot of people that want to get into 1/8th scale on-road cars in the beginning are affected by the original cost factor of 1/8th scale. As racers, we all realize how much we put into our cars and how much fundage we spend to be competitive. A consumer can go into a hobbyshop and spend close to $1500-$2000 initially to get started in 1/8th scale on-road ( car kit, engine, starter box, nitro accessories, tires, etc..... ). Some will pay the price because that's what they want, but others will not. We feel by having a RTR 1/8th scale, this will introduce new comers that are interested into getting an affordable 1/8th scale on-road car without breaking thier finances. And, as time goes on, the consumer wil always have the option to upgrade depending if they like 1/8th scale on-road. I've actually spoken to alot of consumers that have the XR/80 and they are very happy that they can get into 1/8th scale without spending a tremendous amount of money to get started. I've also spoken to consumers that have started with the XR/80 and now have upgraded to other cars. One consumer told me that the reason why he started with the XR/80 was because of initial pricing and parts availablity at his LHS.

Raul purchased a XR/8 pro kit ( the same kit that Kevin Jelich, Josh Alton, and Jimmy DePrez has. ) Raul's car looked different because he had alot of the upgrade parts available for the XR/8 and XR/80. Both cars are all compatible with parts and upgrades. We've had alot of races that started off with XR/80 and now their cars look like XR/8 pro kits because they've purchased the upgrades.

Anyways, thanks for all your input on this thread everybody.