R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th On Road Losing Popularity?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 07:43 AM
SRAD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re

I , like many have raced 1/8 for awhile now. I have been racing 1/8 since 1993 and have seen alot of ups and downs. I only see downs lately here in So Cal. In other regions it might be strong enought that any action might not be required. Not the case here. Look at Formula 1. It use to be that way...but the governing body looked at the situation where teams were folding because of cost. So they started modifying the rules to try to contain cost. Look at F1 Decade on Speed Channel....there were way more cars on the grid than what you have today. There might be a few arguments against this "spec type proposal" that has been talked about in this thread....but I am all ears for anyone that is trying to promote another way to generate interest and participation in this class and at the same time lowering cost. Engines are a start. There's more that could be done and in time maybe more ideas will surface. If the present state of 1/8 continues....I will not be racing this class next year. Not that I will be missed....but as the trend continues...you will be left with just a few clubs that have this class. In my opinion it's ridiculous to to say 1/8 is the extreme and expensive.....and leave it that way. Like many...this is "just my opinion"!!!