R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - bearings in stock motors
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Core Creations
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

How would you get a GM3 endbell on an MVP can? GM3s have flat sides and the MVP is round???
Originally Posted by mafiaracers
I'm a stock motor fanatic.....But occationally I run in the 19 turn class just for a little more speed and excitement. But, I don't run a 19 turn motor....just a MHP arm stuffed into a MVP can witha japanese motor "torque ring" and an GM3 endbell w/ bearings top and bottom. It will keep up with anything!

For the most in preformance....just make sure your bearings are reamed and polished to a mirror shine....as well as the arm shafts....polish the living shintz out of them. This will lower the overall friction.

I have a lot of "people" in japan, so I can get those cut bushings....where they're all cut down and there's minimal material that is in contact with the shaft.

The key to stock motors is cutting down on the friction and resistance. After that, center the arm....brush face tuning...then spring tensions.

Stock motors would also cost less with bushings. If you have to put bearings in a stocker from the factory, you could easily add on 10 bucks to the price of your motor!