R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi engines thread
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 04:58 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gentleman81
afm

i have a ns3 and the middle needle has been moved and the motor runs pretty good but it runs hot, 270 and higher sometimes on hot days. i know if i get it tuned right i'll get more speed at a lower temp. how do i get the carb set back to a more default setting
Best thing is to place so called mid range needle back to flush with the carb's body, then adjust your low and high needles accordingly (I guess you know how to by now).

I asume you have your head clearance set to the Nitro contents of your fuel.

So what is left is to have the appropiate glow plug. (I asume you are using Turbo plug). It is unbeleivable how sensitive this engines are to wrong plug selection.
If where you run has 70% or more humidity, you need to use hot bodied turbo plug I.E. Novarossi C7TGC...but if humidity is below 70% you need to put a cold body plug I.E. Novarossi C7TGF. It is like night and day how engine temps will drop when using correct plug type.

I personally use a Casio digital table Clock with humidity and temperature readings. In the mornings humidity in my track is about 62%, so I use cold body plug. In the afternoon humidity is like 82% so i use hot body plug. If I don't do this change, my engine temp just goes wildly high in either case.

Of courdse i am asuming you have the correct gear ratio also, because if you are using a longer ratio than your track allows, you are forcing the engine and it will also heat up.

AFM