R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DURATRAX ICE vs MUCH MORE CTX
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 09:15 AM
Jam-ehz
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Great explanation, Nexus...

I guess that's what makes the difference between most regular chargers and the MM as well, and explains when I use my APS I can see the current drop to 5.99A from 6.00A for a split second. It doesn't happen often, but as mentioned, maybe 95% of the time it's at an actual 6.00A.

For a guy like me, it's negligible, but for those who care, I guess it does make a difference. At least it's a world better than my old Intellipeak Digital, or Dynamite Vision..

But really, any charger retailing $130+ these days can respectably charge batteries, you can't really go wrong. Pulsar, APS, ICE, Pitbull, CM and others have their own differences and features, it's just up to our minds whether it's worth the extra cash for the pricier ones..

Does twice the price mean twice the charger? Would you take 2 CM's over a GFX? 2 ICEs (at least according to some prices on eBay ) over a CM?

But, for the price, and the level where most of us are at, the ICE will be plenty.. save up that cash for some better batteries, motors, or tires, where the bigger differences are made.