R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Racing at "The Den" - Monroe, WI
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Clegg

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Actually I don't see the primary reason being cost control, its more of a by- product if anything.

All it does is lets people know what they need to buy to race. That doesn't exist currently for the Den nitro in the summer. Whether that means people spend less, thats debatable. I am just saying we need a spec class, not the ultra different John W. Spec class of misfits Where 20min mains, and wind up cars are the norm

When you don't know what to race, what the rules are, people are less likely to jump in. I just want a set of rules for next year (and saying "anything goes" like its been the 2 years I have raced there... doesn't really cut it.)

Although I am about limiting cost of engines in Nitro, because unlike electric where "some" people (ahhem...) seem to think 50$ motors, and 3$ brushes are too much. In nitro you can buy a solid ROAR legal 100$ nitro motor, or spend $450.00 for a hand tuned ROAR legal motor that has as much punch and power as some .21's. Thats the crap that kills nitro R/C, there is NO ceiling on cost, you can spend 2000$ on a car if you wanted to get the best of the best. In electric there is ceilings based on limitations in technology (and the fact most of the technology is relatively cheap in electric), and the improvements some of the technologies give are so minimal few could ever see benefit from it in the distance of a race. (such as those very expensive chargers, very high end batteries, etc...)