R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th On Road Losing Popularity?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Motorman
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SPEC Engine...non-modified cranks - easy to double check (4 screws off the back plate)

That would be great if that was the key to all the major power. but it ain't!!!

.15 size engines in a 1/8th....you must be kidding??? We may as well all go and race sedans...

You might be suprised. If you have not run that combo you wouldn't know would you. They are not much slower than 1/10th open, you can hardly tell. as far as motors go theres only a couple 15 bigblocks to chose from, And as far as mod versions there is little to gain on the 15 big blocks so it becomes a moot point.

I hear spec class one moment then on the next breath its well thats to slow. some of you are a contridiction in terms. If you want a budget spec class I have given you a viable option, However when someone says its to slow it implies it really isn't wanted anyway. Funny thing every time one of these discussions comes the guys that squak the loudest are the guys who would have no intention of ever entering or running it in the first place.
They would rather spend a load of cash on the hottest hardware they can find, bash the hell out of it because its over their head and bitch about how much it costs and how they cant be competitive because they can't get the unobtanium parts and hardware factory drivers get. Kills me.
theres a reason I don't run 1/8th much. Because even though I think 1/8th is totally cool I know its out of my reaction and reflex range. somtimes its hard to accept that as male humans. Its not in our nature.

Last edited by Motorman; 08-26-2005 at 03:32 PM.