R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Big Jim's Motor Book
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Drew_Cat
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
The guy taught Peter Robinson and myself.....Chris Tosolini picked up some stuff from him while working at maxtec with him back in the day.....

And look at the results we have produced as a company with some guidance from Big Jim.......

The book does often repeat itself......Keep in mind, Jim didn't write it...Hank from hobby talk did.....they chose an odd format, which leads to some repition.....but last I checked, they still teach repition in schools, as it makes you REMEMBER what you just learned.....

The book is solid for any novice or veteran racer......

Last I remember, Todd Putnam himself has a copy.......not sure about Kisbey....lots of the top motors guys do....information is information, even if it is repetitive....

Amazing how people can still rip on a guy just a few weeks after his death....

Later EddieO

Originally Posted by the late "Big Jim" on rc-cars.net

True. A much simpler answer would have probably satisfied the question. Some people say I tell people how the watch was made every time someone asks me for the time of day.

But the simplest answer usually just brings on more questions. If one knows the why behind the answer, the principle behind the topic and the evolution behind the theory, then one can think for himslf the next time questions occur.

It's a lot like that old saying, "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach the man how to fish and he feeds himself for the rest of his life".

Consider this forum "Fishing Lessons!"

Big Jim... R.I.P......Lives on