R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 02:32 PM
KLANDERMAN
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC_Greg
Hi guys,

I'm planning a comeback to RC. I want to get a R40 and race it at a regional level. I have no plans to race national, but it's VERY important that I have a good time, and that the car finishes each race so I'm willing to spend $$$ on the right upgrade parts to help durability and driveability.

The car has been available for a few years so I'm counting on you guys to help me: What must I get? What should I avoid? What are the essential spares I should buy up front? etc.

I'm thinking about an 3-port OZ .12TZ or an HPI .12RXS for power, and my thrustworthy caliber fm radio system.

The competition appears to be mainly serpent cars in my area, with a few odd kyosho, associate and mugen cars. Most guys use Mega engines.

Thanks in advance!
[g]
If you are planning on getting the R-40, I suggest you go ahead and order the rcmart version for $333.00 USD, This kit comes with most of the upgrades I've had to buy separetely. With the rcmart kit you get the LW chassis $76 USD, the LW 2 speed tranny $53 USD, the graphite shock towers rear $25 USD front $14 USD, LW front and rear shafts rear $17 USD front $14 USD, the aluminum hex for $ 8 USD a pair, so that's $16 USD more, the graphite side brace $10 USD and the kit. The US version like the one found at towerhobbies costs around $258, but you'll have to add all of the above to be competitive plus I'd go with the OS tz .12 3 port turbo engine plus radio etc etc.
add it up and see what's better for you.
good luck