R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1
Thread: Xray T1
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 06:41 AM
teamgp
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by big al
Hey teamGP!! I was hoping you might let me pick your brain a bit? I currently have a warpspeed chassis set on a near fk'04 t1R (long arms) I also have the XRC 3.9 mm chassis with the batteries moved up about 1/4 of an inch. What type of handling characteristics would I expect If I used this Chassis. As far as i can tell the warpspeed has the same overall placement as the t1R composite chassis. Thanks in advance--Al
I'm assuming you mean the XRC 3.5mm chassis, correct?

With my fk04 I switched to the XRC chassis as well. Not only are the batteries moved forward, but the servo is moved forward and in towards the centerline. To balance out the rest of the chassis, I had mounted my speedo in the open space rearward and inward as close to the batteries and belt as I could and the receiver sat on top of the servo. It sounds weird, but this was the best weight distribution I found using four food scales underneath each tire. With the new weight distribution I recognized better overall steering and quicker transitions through chicanes which allowed me to hang with the FK05's earlier this year before everyone sorted them out and I was forced to step up to the new car.