R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Hyperform Racing
Tech Master

Originally Posted by davidl
CONCUR
Dave you run a links car also, correct? Let me ask you guys this, what do you do with your side springs if the car feels lazy? I assume you run a stiffer side spring, correct? At least that's what I did when I ran links cars. I guess I could see how the "negative" damping of the tube could cause the car to be a little lazy. In other words it's not just damped when the pod rotates from center but also on the way back to center.

Anyway, I tend to go against the grain a lot anyway.
As a good example, tonight I was running 12th and the new layout has a ton of quick switch backs and chicanes. The layout was actually put down by Bruce Carbone, we live close to each other and race at the same tracks. Anyway, I lightened up my rear end, both center spring and damping wise and my car not only felt lazy but pushed like a dump truck full of concrete. I stiffened the center spring up again and put buds lube back in the tubes and it was dialed. What's the weight of buds lube anyways? That stuff is like maple syrup flowing right off the tree.

Anyways, I guess it comes down to what works well for you at your track with your car and your driving style. My car with it's slammed t-bar (lowered roll center) has more rear traction by nature then most other cars so a stiffer rear end is usually needed. Then again even when I ran a stock L4, my rear end was always stiff and no the car was not sliding/scrubbing in the turns.

Ok, sorry for rambling guys...

Last edited by Hyperform Racing; 08-23-2005 at 11:05 PM.