R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Switch Blade
Tech Master

Originally Posted by factory racer
ok guys i need a little help here. i only have nitro stuff because thats all i have raced so far...im looking in to getting into 12th scale racing.....i have sorta narrowed it down to the crc bloody knife 3.2 R or the AE RC12L4?????? what is the comparasent of the two??????which is better....and why?????

i also need some help on what i would need if i dont have any electric stuff.......
what will i need to get me started and what can i get to help me after words...sum little things that will help me out........ie pinons spurs anything

one more thing.......what spares would i needd.....bearrings???arms???t-plates????what would i need

thanks

Mike
Hey....i have the l4 and it is a very nice kit. I havent broken a part yet, but maybe keeping a set of the front lower arms would be a good idea. I hit my friends rug rat at full speed and it snaped the arm...a pretty horrific crash, but none the less. Um, maybe a t-bar or two..and the only bearings I can think of keeping on hand are the bearings in the diff as hitting the wall ruin them. And probobly just diff parts such as the d-rings and diff balls. Also maybe the trinity white, red, and purple stuff, or other diff oils/shock oils/lubes to tune the tubes or plates....just read the past few pages about dampening stuff...lol