R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 06:29 AM
EVOtech
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
Well, I read all frickin 40 pages of this post. (Took 3 hrs, but it was worth it) Learnt a lot. But still have some questions:
does 2x Ultimate Schotki Diode (Single) = 1x Ultimate Schotki Diode (double)?

in otherwords, when I get my hara twister 2.1, if I wanted to run a 10x1 surikarn v2 on it, I just need to buy 1x more Ultimate Schotki Diode (Single) and solder them in parallel?

Is it reasonably safe to run my motor with only 1x (single)?? (i really dun wanna spend anymore $$ on this esc... if i can get by... although i know i am getting my bang for buck)

With regards to the tempcutoff, I just want to confirm that the Hara has NO temp cutoff NOT a HIGHER temp cutoff??

And I am just curious why is having the schotki diode closer to the motor more effective than having it near the speedo end??

Lastly, does the Hara 2.1 have less FETS than the Hara 2? and I noticed there is no IR rating for the VFS ESCs, does anyone have any #s?
I'm sure KO will say different, but I would say you can run any quality Schottky diode (or two) that would be used on any other speedo. Two singles would equal one double.

I would not risk a 10T with only one diode, even if the only reason is that they say don't.

I think (only think) that the Hara 2.1 is tha same as the VFS-2, which is a cut-down VFS-1 pro. If so, it will have less FETs.

Having the diode(s) mounted on the motor provide a faster reaction to the reverse EMF they're designed to get rid of. You don't have to rely on the propogation delay and resistance of your wires to hinder it.