R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW LiPo Prototype Battery Charger Questions.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:51 AM
e_lm_70
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ICT-POWER.COM
Thanks guys. I've also posted this as recommended over at RC universe and RC Groups.

We've been looking at all the responses thus far and it been very helpful. For this first prototype it will most likely be strictly LiPo as the NiMH and NiCD markets are pretty saturated with chargers already, and coming in as a new company would be difficult.

We are looking at perhaps being able to charge two seperate 5-6 cell batteries simultaneously as a starting point, giving people with multiple packs a way of charging them more quickly than is currently available through a single charger.

Keep the ideas coming,

Thanks
Ryan
ICT, Engineering
Man you are right about charger for RC CAR ... and LiPo is still used by 0.1% RC Car people ...

But also for Lipo ... I don't see the advantage to allow multiple charging in the same time ... actually there are already nice products for properly balance multiple lipo cells ... like Schulze Lipo balance unit.

So it is going to be an hard time to find the right market area ...

e_lm_70

PS: About new opportunity with multiple parallel charging I just see the side-by-side battery used for Cars ... charging and discharging all the 4/6 NiMh cell independently without disassamble the pack... in this area there is still no product on the market

P.S: In the LiPo arena now relative good charged can be found for around 50$ ... and with 100$ you get already the ICE ... and for profy with the need to balance the Lipo, they mainly need to be fiendly with the LiPo tabs ... so the schulze offer for 80$ it is already the state of art for charge safaly a xS Lipo pack !!!